Is becoming a vegetarian a solution to plastic pollution?πŸ₯¬

 Dear friends, I haven't written on this blog in a little while time, 5 years isn't that much right. But I must say I've missed it. Life has been unexpected recently, and finding the time and energy to sit down and write down my thoughts has been difficult. Nonetheless, I'm glad to be back and ready to share my most recent experiences and views. So, get a warm cup of tea and let's catch up.


So roughly 2 years ago I became a vegetarian. I was abstaining from meat for Lent and was only eating fish. A friend recommended I watch the documentary "Seaspiricy" because of my environmental interest. I sat down and started watching and I did not expect to CRY at the site of dead fish, dolphins, sharks and whales. From that moment I decided to become a vegetarian and 2 years later I still am. It has not been an easy journey but every time I am tempted I rewatch Seaspircy and cry all over again. 



Because this blog is about plastic pollution I wanted to research if being a vegetarian has any positive impacts on plastic pollution. 

Being a vegetarian may indirectly help reduce plastic pollution because a significant portion of plastic pollution in the oceans is caused by plastics used in the fishing industry, such as fishing nets, lines, and traps. However, the production, packaging, and transportation of vegetarian products can also contribute to plastic pollution. Therefore, reducing the overall consumption of single-use plastics and actively recycling them can have a more direct impact on reducing plastic pollution.


So being a vegetarian alone may not directly help with plastic pollution, but adopting sustainable consumption habits such as reducing the use of single-use plastics, recycling, and disposing of plastic responsibly can make a substantial difference in protecting our planet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Pacfic Garbage Patch πŸ—‘️

Is There Really An Island Made of Plastic? 🏝️

Baby Turtles Stomaches Filled With Plastic 🐒